- Nemerow, B, 1967. Industrial wastewater, McGraw-Hill press Inc., USA.
- Osaigbovo, Agbonsalo Ulamen and Orhue, Ehi Robert, 2006. Influence of pharmaceutical effluent on some soil chemical properties and early growth of maize (Zeamays L), African Journal of Biotechnology Vol. 5 (12), 1612-1617.
- Zhou, Ping; Su, Chengye; Li, Binwei and Qian, Yi, 2006. Treatment of High-Stringth Paharmaceutical Wastewater and Removal of Antibiotics in Anaerobic and Aerobic Biological Treatment Processes, Journal of Enviromental Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 132, No. 1, January,129-136.
- Derksen, J.G.M; Rijs, G.B.J and Jongbloed, 2004. Diffuse Pollution of Surface Waer by Pharmaceutical Products, Water Science and Technology , Vol. 49, No.3,213-221.
- الراوي، ساطع محمود، 1993. المطروحات الصناعية وبعض مشاكل تلوث نهر دجلة في مدينة الموصل، المجلة العلمية للمواد المائية، مجلد 12، عدد 2، 79-96.
- نعوم، جوزيف زكي، 1985. تأثير مطروحات مدينة الموصل على نهر دجلة، أطروحة ماجستير مقدمة إلى كلية الهندسة جامعة الموصل، العراق، 136 صفحة.
- Al-Layla, M.A. and Al-Rawi, S.M., 1989. Evaluation of Septic tand performance in Some Parts of Mosul City in Iraq, J. Envir. Health and Part A Envir. Science and Eng., Vol. A24, No. 5.
Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences (2011) 18(4) 17- 26 (Arabic)
Performance Evaluation of Wastewater Treated Plant for Ninava Drug Factory
|Amar Thamir Hamad||Musaab Al-Tamer|
|Civil Eng. Dept., College of Eng. University of Mosul, Iraq|
In this study the characteristics of raw and treated wastewater from Ninava drug factory were evaluated. The results revealed that the strength of raw wastewater can be classified as medium concentrated wastewater with respect to its BOD5 since the average value is 231.7 mg/l. In addition a strong correlations were found between many characteristics of raw waste. The characteristics of produced effluent from waste water treatment plant of the factory were within the Iraqi specification for the disposed wastewater constraints in 1997, where the average is 7.8 for pH, 40mg/l for SS, 2.8 mg/l for PO4-3, 45 mg/l for BOD5 and 104.3 mg/l for COD. The heavy metals concentrations for both raw and treated wastewater is to be less than those of the related literatures for Tigris river, municipal wastewater and water supply in Mosul city, the average heavy metal concentrations of raw and treated wastewater were 0.5 mg/l for Iron, 0.2 mg/l for zinc and 0.005 mg/l for copper, and there is no significant difference between raw and treated heavy metal concentrations.
Keywords: water quality, Ninava Drug Factory, Tigris River.
How to cite
TJES: Hamad AM., Al-Tamer M. Performance Evaluation of Wastewater Treated Plant for Ninava Drug Factory. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences 2011; 18(4): 17-26 (in Arabic)
APA: Hamad A. M., Al-Tamer M., (2011). Performance Evaluation of Wastewater Treated Plant for Ninava Drug Factory. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences, 18(4), 17-26 (in Arabic).