- Ota T., Nishiyama H., Kominami J., Sato K., 1986, “Heat Transfer Two Elliptic cylinder in Tandem Arrangement” Heat Transfer, Vol.108, PP. 525-531.
- P. Merker, H. Hanke, 1986, “Heat transfer and Pressure Drop on the Shell-Side of Tube-Banks Having Oval-Shaped Tubes” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol .29 (12), PP. 1903–1909.
- Chang Y., Beris A.N., Michaelides E.E., 1989, “A Numerical Study of Heat and Momentum Transfer for Tube Bundles in cross-Flow” Int. J. Num. Methods in Fluids Vol. 9, PP.1381-1394.
- Chen, Chiun-Hsun, Weng, Fang-Bor, 1990, “Heat Transfer for Incompressible and compressible Fluid Flows Over a Heated cylinder” Heat Transfer, Part A Vol. 18, PP.325-349.
- Kundu D., Haji-Sheikh A., Lou D.Y.S., 1991a, “Heat Transfer Predictions in cross Flow Cover cylinders between Two Parallel Plates”. Num. Heat Transfer, Part A Vol. 19, PP. 361-377.
Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences (2011) 18(4) 88- 103
Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Characteristic in banks Flat Tubes
|Amer Jameel Shareef||Abdulmajeed A. Ramadhan|
|Mechanical Engineering Dep.- AL-Anbar University, Iraq|
In this research a study effect of the length ratio (L/Da) and the height ratio (H/Da) for banks flat tube heat exchanger In-Line and staggered arrangement on force convection heat transfer and friction coefficient by (Fluent-CFD) numerical program.
The governing equations (mass, momentum and energy) are solving by using Finite Volume (Fluent-CFD) software for considering steady state, two dimensional, at constant heat flux with Reynold’s number (100≤Re≤8000).
The results show that increasing (H/Da), (L/Da) lead to decreasing friction coefficient and enhancement of (Nu) is at (H/Da=2) for all (L/Da) values In-line arrangement and at (H/Da =2, L/Da =5) for staggered arrangement.
Keywords: banks flat tubes, convection heat transfer, and fluid flow.
How to cite
TJES: Shareef, AJ, Ramadhan AA. Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Characteristic in banks Flat Tubes. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences 2011; 18(4): 88-103
APA: Shareef, A. J, Ramadhan A. A., (2011). Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Characteristic in banks Flat Tubes. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences, 18(4), 88-103.