- Van Alphen, J. G. and Romero, F. D. R. “Gypsiferous Soils”, Bulletin –12, International Institute for Land Reclamation and Improvement, Wageningen, Holland, 1971.
- Blight, G. E., “Migration of Subgrade Salts Damages thin Pavements” Proceeding of the American Society of Civil Engineers, ASCE, Transportation Engineering Journal, Vol. 102, No. TE4, pp.774-791, 1976.
- FAO, “Management of Gypsiferous Soil” Bull. No. 62, Rome, Italy, 1990.
- Ping, X. and Beaudoin, J. J. “Mechanism of Sulfate Expansion Thermodynamic Principles of Crystallization Pressure”, Cement Concrete Research, Vol.22, No.4, PP.631-640, 1992.
- Mikheev, V. V. Petukhim, V. P. and Boldirev, G. V. “Deformability of Gypseous Soils” Proceedings of 9th International Conference on soil Mech. and foundation Engg., Vol.1, pp.211-214, 1977.
Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences (2011) 18(3) 42- 51
Effect of Static Soaking Under Different Temperatures on the Lime Stabilized Gypseous Soil
Abdulrahman H. T. Al-Zubaydi, College of Engineering, University of Mosul, Iraq
This study concerns with the effect of long-term soaking on the unconfined compressive strength, loss in weight and gypsum dissolution of gypseous soil stabilized with (4%) lime, take into account the following variables: initial water content, water temperature, soaking duration.
The results reveals that, the unconfined compressive strength was dropped, and the reduction in values was different according to the initial water content and water temperature, so that the reduction of the unconfined compressive strength of samples soaked in water at low temperatures (5° and 25° C) was greater than those soaked in water temperatures at (490 and 600 C). The results obtained shows that the increase in soaking period decreases the percentage amount of gypsum and loss in weight for all water temperatures and soaking durations.
Keywords: Gypseous soil, Lime stabilization, Strength, Loss in weight.
How to cite
TJES: Al-Zubaydi AHT. Effect of Static Soaking Under Different Temperatures on the Lime Stabilized Gypseous Soil. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences 2011; 18(3): 42-51
APA: Al-Zubaydi A. H. T., (2011). Effect of Static Soaking Under Different Temperatures on the Lime Stabilized Gypseous Soil. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences, 18(3), 42-51.