- Streeter, V. L. and Wylie, E. B., “Fluid Transients”, McGraw Hill Book Co., Inc., New York,1967.
- Usik, L. and Joohong, k.” Dynamics of Branched Pipeline Systems Conveying Internal Unsteady Flow” Transactions of the ASME, Vol.121, January 1999, pp.114-122.
- Jian-Jun, S.”A Finite Element Model and Electronic Analogue of Pipeline Pressure Transients with Frequency-Dependent Friction”, Transaction of the ASME, Vol.,125, January, 2003, pp.194-199
- Wylie, E. B., “Resonance in Pressurized Piping Systems”, Thesis presented to the university of Michigan ,Ann Arbor, Michigan, in 1964,in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of doctor of Philosophy.
- Pranab, K., Hanif, C. and Jamaluddin, M.,” Detection of Partial Blockages in a Branched Piping System by the Frequency Response Method “, J. Fluids Eng., Vol.128, September 2006, pp.1106-1114.
Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences (2011) 18(2) 45- 61
Study of the Resonance in Series Piping Systems with Oscillating Valve
Muhammad A. Eleiwi, Mech. Eng. Dept., Tikrit University, Iraq
In This search, the phenomena of resonance in series piping systems with oscillating valve have been studied. The one-dimensional flow, unsteady state flow, and partial differential equations have been solved by using transfer matrix method.
The details of the transfer matrix method, the derivation of the field matrices and point matrices, and procedures for determining the natural frequencies and frequency response of piping system are then presented. A computer program (Resonance) was developed to calculate the pressure and discharge oscillations at the valve, the phase angle between the pressure head and relative gate opening of the valve, the phase angle between the discharge and the relative gate opening of the valve and the pressure and discharge oscillations at certain sections of the pipes. To verify the transfer matrix method, the results have been compared with impedance method and agreement has been found.
Keywords: Oscillating Valve, Series Piping, Resonance.
How to cite
TJES: Eleiwi, MA. Study of the Resonance in Series Piping Systems with Oscillating Valve. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences 2011; 18(2): 45-61
APA: Eleiwi, M. A., (2011). Study of the Resonance in Series Piping Systems with Oscillating Valve. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences, 18(2), 45-61.