- J. Heiddemann and K.Mills, Expanding Confidence in Network Simulations, IEEE Network Magazine, 15, 5, 2001.
- K. Pawlikowski, HD. J. Jeong, JS. R. Lee, on the Credibility of Simulation Studies of Telecommunication Networks, IEEE Communications Magazine, 40, 6, 2002.
- Arti Sood, Network Design by Using OPNET™ IT Guru Academic Edition Software, Intro to Networking Technologies, Published in Rivier Academic Journal, spring 2007.
- B. Rodiers, Analysis and Simulation of The K. U. Leuven-network, Master Thesis in Electronics Engineering, K. U. Leuven, Belgium, June 2002.
- Jinhua Guo, Weidong Xiang, and Shengquan Wang, Reinforce Networking Theory with OPNET Simulation, Journal of Information Technology Education, Volume 6, 2007.
- Xinjie Chang, Network Simulations with OPNET, Proceedings of the 1999 Winter Simulation Conference.
Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences (2011) 18(2) 34- 44
Building Model for the University of Mosul Computer Network Using OPNET Simulator
Modhar A. Hammoudi, Computer Eng. Dept.,University of Mosul, Iraq
This paper aims at establishing a model in OPNET (Optimized Network Engineering Tool) simulator for the University of Mosul computer network. The proposed network model was made up of two routers (Cisco 2600), core switch (Cisco6509), two servers, ip 32 cloud and 37 VLANs. These VLANs were connected to the core switch using fiber optic cables (1000BaseX). Three applications were added to test the network model. These applications were FTP (File Transfer Protocol), HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol) and VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol). The results showed that the proposed model had a positive efficiency on designing and managing the targeted network and can be used to view the data flow in it. Also, the simulation results showed that the maximum number of VoIP service users could be raised up to 5000 users when working under IP Telephony. This means that the ability to utilize VoIP service in this network can be maintained and is better when subjected to IP telephony scheme
Keywords: Computer network, Simulation, OPNET, Campus, VoIP.
How to cite
TJES: Hammoudi, MA. Building Model for the University of Mosul Computer Network Using OPNET Simulator. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences 2011; 18(2): 34-44
APA: Hammoudi, M. A., (2011). Building Model for the University of Mosul Computer Network Using OPNET Simulator. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences, 18(2), 34-44.