- Savitz, David, and Chen, J. Parental Occupation and Childhood Cancer: Review of Epidemiological Studies. “Environmental Health Perspectives” 88:325-337, (1990).
- Preece AW et al. Magnetic Fields from Domestic Appliances in the UK. Phys Med Biol, 42:67-76. (1997).
- Gauger JR. Household Appliance Magnetic Field Survey. Arlington, VA, Naval Electronic Systems Command, (ITT Research Institute Report EO 6549-3). (1984).
- Zaffanella L. Survey of Residential Magnetic Field Source. Volume 1: Goals, Result and Conclusions. Volume (2) Protocol, Data Analysis and Management. Palo Alto, CA, Electric Power Research Institute, (EPRITR-102759-V1 and TR-102759-V2), (1993).
- Florig HK, Hoburg JF. Power-Frequ-ency Magnetic Fields from Electric Blankets. Health Phys, 58(4):493-502. (1990).
Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences (2011) 18(2) 22- 33
Measurement of Electromagnetic Field Radiation in the Internet Halls and Educational Computer Laboratories
Ghanim Thiab Hasan, Electrical Eng. Dept., Tikrit University, Iraq.
There are more concerns about possible health effects related to electromagnetic fields from computer monitors and other video display terminals because of the widespread using of computers in laboratories, offices and internet halls. This research aims to detect the effect of electromagnetic field radiations in these halls and laboratories and study the successful ways of minimizing its negative health effect on human health. The research has been performed on both the mathematical calculations and practical measurements. The obtaining results show that the practical measurements are consistent with the mathematical calculations results. Comparison of these results with the safety standard guideline limits shows that they are within the acceptable espousing limits recommended by the International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) and that means there is no health risk from exposure to these fields if the exposure is within the acceptable limits
Keywords: Electromagnetic field, health effect, computer laboratory, Internet halls.
How to cite
TJES: Hasan, GT. Measurement of Electromagnetic Field Radiation in the Internet Halls and Educational Computer Laboratories. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences 2011; 18(2): 22-33
APA: Hasan, G. T., (2011). Measurement of Electromagnetic Field Radiation in the Internet Halls and Educational Computer Laboratories. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences, 18(2), 22-33.