- Steel, E.W. and McGhee, T.J., (1990), “Water supply and sewerage”5th McGraw-Hill.
- Liu, Sean X., (2007), “Food and agricultural wastewater utilization and treatment” Black Well Publishing.
- Wiener, Ruth F. and Matthews, Robin, (2003), “Environmental Engineering”, 4th Butterworth Heinemann.
- Berktay, Ali, (1998), “Properties of sludge produced from the pressurized wastewater treatment process”, Tr. J. of Engineering and Environmental Science, 22, pp.377- 385.
- Ghebremichael, Kebreab A. and Hultman, Bengt, (2004), “Alum sludge dewatering using moringa oleifera as a conditioner”, J. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, vol. 158, pp. 153-167.
Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences (2011) 18(2) 34- 43 (Arabic)
Using of Fine Particle to Improvement of Sludge Dewater Ability
Abdullah I. Ibrahem, Civil Eng. Dept., University of Mosul, Iraq.
The main objective of this study is to compare the performance of three alternative materials used to improve dewatering of sludge produced from secondary settling tank of Mosul medical city wastewater treatment plant; those materials are Kaolin, Limestone and Clay stone.
Six dry weight percentages for each alternative are used (2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12) % from dry weight of sludge. The specific resistance to filtration (SRF) was used as a criterion to compare the studied materials.
Experimental results showed that SRF is 4.1×1012, 5.9×1012, 5.8×1012 m/kg when 8% additional dose were used for each of Kaolin, Limestone and Clay stone respectively, this study showed that the best alternative material studied is kaolin which achieve decreasing efficiency in SRF more than 70%.
Keywords: Sludge dewatering, Sludge conditioning, Specific Resistance to Filtration (SRF).
How to cite
TJES: Ibrahem AI, Using of Fine Particle to Improvement of Sludge Dewater Ability. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences 2011; 18(2): 34-43 (in Arabic)
APA: Ibrahem A.I., (2011). Using of Fine Particle to Improvement of Sludge Dewater Ability. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences, 18(2), 34-43, (in Arabic).