- Charles Kingsley, “ELECTRICAL MACHINARY”, Sixth Edition, the McGraw-Hill Companies, Handbook, 2003.
- Jacek F. Gieras. Chong Wang. Joseph Cho Lai, “Noise of Poly-phase Electric Motors”. Taylor & Francis Group, LLC. Hand book, 2006.
- S.K. Sen “Rotating Electrical Machinery”. Second Edition, Handbook, 1976.
- مكائن التيار المتناوب تأليف الأستاذ الدكتور باسل محمد سعيد والدكتور ضياء علي بشير النعمة. مديرية دار الكتب للطباعة والنشر, جامعة الموصل.(1989)
- H. Huaug. E.F.Fuchs, “optimal Placement of the run capacitor in single phase induction motor designs”. IEEE. Trans. September. V, 3. No, 3, 1988.
- Mahdi Alshamasin “Optimization of the Performance of Single Phase Capacitor–Run Induction”. American Journal of applied Sciences 6(4), 745-751, Jordan, 2009.
- Muljadi, Y. Zhao.” Adjustable Ac Capacitor for a single phase induction motor”. IEEE. Trans. lnd. Appli.V.29, pp.479-485, 1993.
Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences (2011) 18(1) 19- 27 (Arabic)
Performance Analysis of a Single Phase Induction Motor For Different Values of Running Capacitor
|Dhiyah A. B. Al Nemaa||Omar S. Yaheya|
|College of Engineering, University of Mosul, Iraq||College of Engineering, University of Mosul, Iraq|
The effect of the value of running capacitor on the performance of a single-phase induction motor is studied through the evaluation of the efficiency, power factor and vibration of the machine for different values of this capacitor choosing unsuitable value of the running capacitor worsen the performance of the motor and it may even damage the motor as a consequence of increasing auxiliary winding current.
In this research, a computer program has been developed for finding an optimum running capacitor for the induction motor.
Experimental results has been obtained in the laboratory and compared with the computer results for validation. The effect of the running capacitor on motor vibration has also been obtained and measured. Although this study was performed on a certain two-phase induction motor, the same developed computer program may be used to obtain the optimum value of the running capacitor for any single phase IM of known parameters.
Keywords: single-phase induction motor, running capacitor .
How to cite
TJES: Al-Nemaa DAB., Yaheya OS. Performance Analysis of a Single Phase Induction Motor for Different Values of Running Capacitor. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences 2011; 18(1): 19-27 (in Arabic)
APA: Al-Nemaa D.A.B., Yaheya O.S., (2011). Performance Analysis of a Single Phase Induction Motor for Different Values of Running Capacitor. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences, 18(1), 19-27 (in Arabic).