- IEEE/PES Power System Stability Subcommittee Special Publication, “Voltage Stability Assessment, Procedures and Guides”, Final Version, December 2000.
- Dobson and H.-D. Chiang, “Towards a theory of voltage collapse in electric power systems”, Systems and Control Letters, Vol. 13, 1989, pp. 253-262.
- H. Abed, J.C. Alexander, H. Wang, A.M.A. Hamdan, and H.C. Lee, “Dynamic bifurcations in a power system model exhibiting voltage collapse,” Technical Research Report, University of Maryland, pp. 1-15, TR92-26, 25-Feb, 1992.
- O. Wang, E. H. Abed, and A.M.A. Hamdan, “Bifurcations, Chaos and Crises in power system Voltage Collapse,” Technical Research Report, University of Maryland, pp. 1-23, TR92-72, 25-Feb, 1992
- Peter W. Sauer and M. A. Pai, “ Power System Dynamics and Stability” , Prentice Hall Inc. 1998.
Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences (2011) 18(1) 29- 44
Direct Detection of Voltage Collapse in Electrical Power System
Ahmed Nasser B. Alsammak, Electrical Eng. Dep., College of Engineering, University of Mosul, Iraq
Voltage stability is indeed a dynamic problem. Dynamic analysis is important for better understanding of voltage instability process. In this work, an analysis for voltage stability from bifurcation and voltage collapse point of view based on a center manifold voltage collapse model. Static and dynamic load models were used to explain voltage collapse. The basic equations of the simple power system and load are used to demonstrate voltage collapse dynamics and bifurcation theory. These equations are also developed in a manner, which is suitable for the Matlab-Simulink application. Detection of voltage collapse before it reaches the critical collapse point was obtained in simulation results.
Keywords: Power System Stability, Voltage Stability, Voltage Collapse, Bifurcation, Reactive Power Compensation and Matlab-Simulink.
How to cite
TJES: Alsammak AMB. Direct Detection of Voltage Collapse in Electrical Power System. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences 2011; 18(3): 29-44
APA: Alsammak A.M.B., (2011). Direct Detection of Voltage Collapse in Electrical Power System, North West Iraq. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences, 18(3), 29-44.