- Sanderson T.M. and Cunningham G.T. “Packed Bed Thermal Storage Systems” Applied Energy Vol. 51, pp. 51-67, and 1995.
- Sanderson T.M. and Cunningham G.T. “Performance and Efficiency Design of Packed Bed Thermal Storage System. Part 1” Applied Energy Vol. 50, pp.119-132, 1995.
- Choudhury C., Chauhan P.M. and Garg H.P. “Economic Design of Rock Bed Storage Device for Storing Solar Thermal Energy” Solar Energy Vol.55, No.1, pp.29-37, 1995.
- Anthony G. Dixon “An Improved Equation for the Heat Transfer Coefficient in Packed Bed” Chemical Engineering and processing Vol.35, pp.323-331, 1996.
- Hessari F.A., Parsa S., and Khashechi A.K. “Behavior of Backed Bed Thermal Storage” IJE Transactions A: Basic, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 181-192, 2004.
Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences (2011) 18(4) 20- 28
Theoretical Study of Thermal Performance of Rock Bed Storage
|Suad H. Danok||Ihsan F. Abbas||Mousa Mustafa Weis|
|Kirkuk Technical College, Kirkuk, Iraq|
In this theoretical study, heat transfer and pressure drop in two cases of rock bed thermal storage has been studied, in the first case the equivalent diameter is changed when the mass flow rate per unit area is constant, and in the second case is inversely. The unsteady numerical simulation is employed to analyze the performance of the heat flow and temperature field in the storage. While the best thermal storage is obtain at equivalent diameter is (0.01) m. and show that the relation of pressure drop is decrease with increase in equivalent diameter except in a range of (0.025 to 0.038) m is constant.
Keywords: Rock bed, thermal storage, Pressure drop.
How to cite
TJES: Danok SH, Abbas IF, Weis MM. Theoretical Study of Thermal Performance of Rock Bed Storage. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences 2011; 18(4): 20-28.
APA: Danok S. H., Abbas I. F., Weis M. M., (2011). Theoretical Study of Thermal Performance of Rock Bed Storage. Tikrit Journal of Engineering Sciences, 18(4), 20-28.